Vashon Partners in Education (PIE) is a non-profit charity whose goal is to enhance the learning environment in our public schools. We do this by funding activities and materials requested by those closest to the educational process — our teachers. Chautauqua, McMurray, and Vashon High School teachers, staff, and other community members are encouraged to submit grant proposals identifying specific needs or opportunities not addressed by the existing school budget. Grants are evaluated on educational value, innovation, need, and impact. Proposals are evaluated annually in late fall and monies disbursed upon approval.
Why Support Partners in Education?
- PIE grants impact all grades, departments and alternative programs. No child goes through a day in Vashon Public Schools without benefiting from the more than $1,000,000 in grants PIE has provided over the last 25 years.
- Teachers rely on PIE grants to enhance and update their curriculums, especially during this time of budget cuts.
- Each year more than 50 percent of Vashon Schools’ teachers and staff utilize PIE donations.
- Many students’ favorite classroom enhancements are funded all or partly by PIE: Science experiments, Vashon Artists in Schools, field trips, robotics upgrades, music programs and up-to-date literature in the libraries.
- No donation to PIE is too small. Many successful grant requests are for smaller dollar amounts.
- Many PIE-funded materials such as robotics kits, books and science tools endure years of use after purchase.
- Over 90 percent of all donations go directly to grants since PIE is an all-volunteer organization
Thank you for your support!
PIE Board President